Friday, October 1, 2010

09/30/2010 Photoshoot - Randy Jr (high key portraits)

Yesterday, 09/30/2010 I was finally able to take some pictures of my husband and he was very enthusiastic about sitting for me.  He did a wardrobe change and added his own props.  Once again, I took some high key portraits because I want to make sure I've "perfected" this method before I move on to low key portraits with various backgrounds.  The below pictures were ran through photoshop a little so that the white background was nice and bright and not muddy.  This discoloration was caused by the f stop on the background light being to high (f11.7 which is >2stops higher than the main light)  causing it to be overexposed and the light fell off into the foreground.  Therefore, I need to use less power on the background (decrease the  fstop).  On my next shoot I am going to try f8 which is only 1stop higher than the main light (f5.6). 


The first group of pictures were "professional headshots" of Dr. Taylor done on a high key background.  These pictures would be posted under the "Headshots" category.







The second group of pictures have a more casual tone....These pcitures would be posted under "Lifestyle - Living Life" category.  Introducing the DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN...Mr. Taylor.










Once again, thank you for following my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment