Monday, October 15, 2012

Photoshop fix (high key background)

I figured since I mentioned photoshop in my last post I might as well follow up with a way to use photoshop on the background of a high key photo that is not pure white as it should be.

Note: An easy way to check if your background is pure white is to use the dropper on different parts of the picture.  If the dropper show RGB as 255 then you have a pure white background.

I found an easy tutorial in you tube (less than 4 minutes) that fixes this issue.  You can watch the tutorial at the below link.

Click here for Cheap Shooter tutorial on white background

Here are the high key pictures before and after the photoshop edit.  Big difference!!!  Nice and clean white background.  Although I can fix all of my high key photograph with this process I am still determined to master the high key photograph in the studio to eliminate the extra 3 minutes spent in photoshop.  Why?   If I have 30 pictures that need to be corrected that 3 minutes becomes 90 minutes, which decreases your earning per hour.  Not worth it anymore.  I took an introduction to photography class as a photography store and the instructor emphasized that he always aimed to get the photograph right in the camera the first time.  So I will continue to use this process as I spend time in my studio and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!!!




                                      Before                                                        After





Before
After


Before                                               After




Before                                             After






Before                                                 After


No comments:

Post a Comment